Full Coverage of the 2009 NFL Draft!!
1. Detroit Lions: Matt Stafford, QB, Georgia
Fantasy-Info’s View: I think the Lions would have been better served taking an OT like Jason Smith, Baylor. It is very hard for a QB to come onto a loser like the Lion an find success. But hey, at least Stafford has Culpepper to learn under and he also has a man named Calvin Johnson.
3. Kansas City Chiefs: Tyson Jackson, DE, LSU
Fantasy-Info’s View: Mistake pick? Why take a guy like this at #3? Why not drop down get some more picks and draft him later.
4. Seattle Seahawks: Aaron Curry, ILB, Wake Forest
Fantasy-Info’s View: Great pick Seattle! Way to play the hand that’s been given to you. With the loss of Peterson to the Lions this is a nice replacement.
5. New York Jets (trade with Browns): Mark Sanchez, QB, USC
Fantasy-Info’s View: Jets move from 17 to 5 and get their man in Sanchez!! Wow nice move Jets.
6. Cincinnati Bengals:http: Andre Smith, OT, Alabama
Fantasy-Info’s View: Well the Bengals have done it again. Another guy with a trouble history. But with the loss of Shane Andrews to the Eagles they really needed someone for Carson.
7. Oakland Raiders: Darrius Heyward-Bey, WR, Maryland
Fantasy-Info’s View: WOW!!! Bey over Crabtree and that was a dumb move for the Raiders. How can you pass on Crabtree?
8. Jacksonville Jaguars: Eugene Monroe, OT, Virginia
Fantasy-Info’s View:Nice pick by the Jaguars. They already got Tre Thomas from the Eagles and Torry Holt from the Rams. Would have been nice to get Crabtree but Monroe is a fine lineman.
9. Green Bay Packers: B.J. Raji, NT, Boston College
Fantasy-Info’s View:Nice move for the Pack. They need to stop All Day some how. This is a start.
10. San Francisco 49ers: Michael Crabtree, WR, Texas Tech
Fantasy-Info’s View:Right on the 49ers take Crabtree!!!!!! Maybe that’s just because I’m a 49ers fan!!!!!
11. Buffalo Bills: Aaron Maybin, DE/OLB, Penn State
Fantasy-Info’s View: With Tom Brady in your division you need a pass rush. Hopefully he can help them out.
12. Denver Broncos: Knowshon Moreno, RB, Georgia
Fantasy-Info’s View: This is a great pick for them from a fantasy outlook. This kid has great hands so he won’t come out of the game when they are behind. And they should be behind a lot this year.
13. Washington Redskins: Brian Orakpo, DE/OLB, Texas
Fantasy-Info’s View: Great pick for the Skins. They need a young pass rusher with the loss of Jason Taylor.
14. New Orleans Saints: Malcolm Jenkins , FS, Ohio State
Fantasy-Info’s View: The Saints were in need of a man in the back field. This is a good pick but it will probably take a year really work for them.
15. Houston Texans: Brian Cushing, OLB, USC
Fantasy-Info’s View: A fine addition to the Texans D that needs more impact players like Cushing.
16. San Diego Chargers: Larry English, DE/OLB, Northern Illinois
Fantasy-Info’s View: Larry looks like a good player but with the Chargers only having one pick on day one. Coupled with Larry projected as a late #1 I have to say this was a bad value pick.
17. Tampa Bay Buccaneers(trade with Brown whom originally traded with the Jets): Josh Freeman, QB, Kansas State
Fantasy-Info’s View: Dumb move on the Bucs part. Why do you sign Leftwhich and now take Freeman. The Bucs have confused me all off season. Stay away from Buc player on your fantasy draft day.
18. Denver Broncos: Robert Ayers, DE, Tennessee
Fantasy-Info’s View: They needed more defense and they got it. But man Moreno better pay off for taking a RB over another defender in the 12th pick.
19. Philadelphia Eagles (Eagles trade with the Browns): Jeremy Maclin, WR, Missouri
Fantasy-Info’s View: Another playmaker for McNabb. Maclin will probably be a low end pick in fantasy darfts this year. This will help McNabb’s value though. Look for him as a late #1 type QB for your team.
20. Detroit Lions: Brandon Pettigrew, TE, Oklahoma State
Fantasy-Info’s View: I thought the Lions would be better off with OT Ohar. But Pettigrew does give them another play maker other than Megatron.
21. Cleveland Browns (trade with Jets then with Bucs then with the Eagles):Alex Mack, C, California
Fantasy-Info’s View: Solid pick for the Browns. Mangini loves to build his olines. He built it with the Jets and now the Browns. Looks good for fantasy players for the Browns. Good upgrade.
22. Minnesota Vikings: Percy Harvin, WR, Florida Fantasy-Info’s View:Bad pick on this one. With so many talented players left on the board why take a major chance on a guy with obvious flaws.
23. Baltimore Ravens (trade with Patriots): Michael Oher, OT, Ole Miss
Fantasy-Info’s View: Great pick for the Ravens. This will help Flacco and the run game for a long time.
24. Atlanta Falcons: Peria Jerry, DT, Ole Miss
Fantasy-Info’s View: With the addition of Tony Gonzalez a couple days ago the Falcons now shift attention to the D. A DT is a good place to start when you have Carolina in your division.
25. Miami Dolphins: Vontae Davis, CB, Illinois
Fantasy-Info’s View: Miami wasn’t very good in the secondary so adding Davis makes sense.
26. Green Bay Packers (Trades with Patriots): Clay Matthews, OLB, USC
Fantasy-Info’s View: And yet another pick to help stop All Day. Good move for the Pack
27. Indianapolis Colts: Donald Brown, RB, Connecticut
Fantasy-Info’s View: Can you hear Joe Addai’s value falling…..I can. Donald is a good runner and this is yet another two back set.
28. Buffalo Bills: Eric Wood, C, Louisville
Fantasy-Info’s View:After losing their LT to the Eagles this is a good get back for the Bills. I still don’t like the Bills situation going forward this year. Draft their players with caution in this years fantasy draft.
29. New York Giants: Hakeem Nicks, WR, North Carolina
Fantasy-Info’s View:This is a good pick for the Giants. They needed a big wide receiver that can jump over defenders. Look at him as a sneaky late round WR for your fantasy team next year. Manning loves these type of guys. Hopefully he doesn’t shoot himself.
30. Tennessee Titans: Kenny Britt, WR, Rutgers
Fantasy-Info’s View:I think they would have been better served with a DT after losing Albert Haynesworth. But what the heck why not throw another bust WR on the barbie.
31. Arizona Cardinals:Chris Wells, RB, Ohio State
Fantasy-Info’s View: Nice pick for the Cards. This is no doubt the end for Edge. With great WR’s on his team he will get less pressure from defenses. All he needs to do is prove he can block and that will give him the starting job from day one.
32. Pittsburgh Steelers: Evander Hood, DT, Missouri
Fantasy-Info’s View: Classic Steelers Defense Defense and more Defense. But watchout they just keep losing more and more on the offensive line.
Written By: Sean Douglas- fantasy-info.com
All rights reserved. This copyrighted material may not be re-published without permission. Links are encouraged.