Second & Third Round Results: 2010 NFL Draft Top Picks – Selections
It’s that time of year again as all NFL fans sit down to see which young talents will come to their team at the NFL draft. Some teams like the St. Louis Rams need all the help they can get while other rosters like the Baltimore Ravens are full to the brim with talent and will only get better.
Throughout the second and third round, we will have live up to date analysis on each pick and how that player helps their team. Since we at fantasy-info.com write mostly on fantasy football, we will have a little fantasy info throughout different selections as well.
Second Round Of The 2010 NFL Draft
33. Rams Select: OT Rodger Saffold – While it would have been nice to see the Rams trade down for more picks, it makes sense to add a lineman for Bradford and Jackson. What does this say about the Rams former first round pick tackles of the past?
34. Vikings Select: DB Chris Cook - – The Vikings needed help in the secondary and now with Cook they have added depth against the pass. This is a solid move from the Vikings Defense.
35. Buccaneers Select: DT Brian Price - Wow!! The Buccaneers have now added McCoy and Price to the front line for the Buccaneers defense. This will help as the team greatly struggled against the rush. These two men set line hopefully for awhile. Now they desperately need a receiver.
36. Chiefs Select: RB Dexter McCluster - At first I was confused about McCluster coming to the Chiefs as they already have Thomas Jones and Jamaal Charles at running back. Then the team came out and said they will use McCluster as a wide receiver and that make more sense. Look for McCluster to help this team as a slot receiver and all around player.
37. Eagles Select: DB Nate Allen - The Eagles needed up grades in the secondary and grabbing Allen will add more talent for a team that has to face Eli Manning, Tony Romo and now Donovan McNabb in six games every year.
38. Browns Select: S T.J. Ward - The Browns have no future quarterback and they take a safety that went very early on Mel Kipers board. Kiper isn’t the end all but, hey, bad move should have gotten a quarterback.
39. (Trade) Buccaneers Select: WR Arrelious Benn - The Buccaneers have now added their wide receiver to help Josh Freeman in a trade with the Raiders. Benn didn’t have a good college season last year but he was on a very bad team. This is a good player for Freeman. Now, they could use another weapon for Freeman.
40. Dolphins Select: Koa Misi OLB – Upgrades were needed on defense at the draft and now the Dolphins have added two players to help this team. This year should be a blood bath between the Patriots, Dolphins and Jets in 2010.
41. Bills Select: Torell Troup DT - Troup is a strong defensive tackle and that is the kind of player this team needs on the inside with their new three – four defense. Troup should rotate on the inside in his first season.
42. (Trade) Patriots Select: TE Rob Gronkowski - This is another solid weapon for Tom Brady as Gronkowski is a good player for this team. Gronkowski should also help out in blocking as well.
43. Ravens Select: LB Sergio Kindle - This is a great move for the Ravens as they add another play making LB on this dangerous defense. Ravens defense will be scary again.
44 Raiders Select: DT Lamarr Houston - The Raiders needed an inside player and they got it with Houston. This defense won’t be a pushover in 2010 and beyond.
45. Broncos Select: OG Zane Beadles – Upgrading at offensive line is a good move as Beadles should help Moreno in the running game.
46. Giants Select: Linval Joseph DT- The Giants add another defensive lineman, this is a good move as this defense needs more help.
47. (Trade) Cardinals Select: LB Daryl Washington: Losing Karlos Dansby was a big blow so getting Washington makes sense. This is another nice addition to the Cardinals defense.
48. Panthers Select: QB Jimmy Clausen – Finally!!!!!! The best quarterback in the draft goes in the draft and it’s to the Panthers. Matt Moore should start but Clausen will get his chance eventually.
49. 49ers Select: S Taylor Mays - Another great pick for the 49ers as they get an ultra talented hard hitting safety in Mays from USC. The 49ers needed to add help in the secondary and they just did it. I’m sure Mays will have a little something extra when he faces his old coach Carroll after he passed on him for Earl Thomas.
50. Chiefs Select: DB Javier Arenas - The Chiefs needed more defensive help and they got a decent corner in Arenas. With Berry and Arenas the Chiefs have helped their secondary.
51. Vikings Select: RB Toby Gerhart – Wow!! This is a very good runner to backup Adrian Peterson. Gerhart may take away goal line touchdowns.
52. Steelers Select: OLB Jason Worilds – For a team that wants to get back to strong defensive play this is a good player to help do that. In a three – four defense, you can always use more linebackers and Worilds should fill in well.
53. Patriots Select: Jermaine Cunningham- The Patriots needed more help on defense and Cunningham is another solid addition in the three – four system. This player can play both up and down.
54. Bengals Select: DE Carlos Dunlap - Nice addition for this growing Bengals defense. This end should help apply pressure every week.
55. (Trade) Cowboys Select: ILB Sean Lee- Lee gives the Cowboys more depth at linebacker and as we have seen with the Ravens, Patriots and Steelers, you need depth at linebacker in this system.
56. Packers Select: DT Mike Neal – Neal gives the Packers more depth on the front line as they can rotate him in and let him mature in a backup role. The Packs D will be solid once again in 2010.
57. Ravens Select: DT Terrence Cody - Wow!! This pick with Nata on the inside!!! The Ravens will role in 2010 as Ray Lewis will kick butt this season.
58. Texans Select: RB Ben Tate - Not surprised the Texans went with a running back but I don’t really like the pick. I would have like to see them take Jonathan Dwyer or Montario Hardesty instead. Truthfully taking Jahvid Best would have been a great move in the first round. This pick makes a true committee and it hurts any fantasy value.
59. (Trade) Browns Select: RB Montario Hardesty - Nice addition to Jerome Harrison in the running game but it would have been nice to see the Browns take Colt McCoy. I sure hope Delhomme has something left, he sure didn’t have it last year.
60. Seahawks Select: WR Golden Tate - Great pick for the Seahawks as they now have a solid option opposite Houshmandzadeh. Having a speedy player with a taller physical receiver is a great fit for this team. Tate will be fantasy relevant soon.
61. Jets Select: OG Vladimir Ducasse – This was a good move to add depth for this offensive line as Fanica is ageing and they need a good young player.
62. Patriots Select: LB Brandon Spikes – Another linebacker talent for the Patriots. This team is doing what they need to do in getting good players to rebuild the defense.
63. Colts Select: LB Pat Angerer – The Colts don’t really have any needs so getting Angerer just adds more depth.
64. Saints Select: OT Charles Browns - Way to keep the offensive line depth solid. This helps the running game and Drew Brees.
Third Round Begins
65. Rams: CB Jerome Murphey
66. Lions: CB Amari Spievey
67. Buccaneers: CB Myron Lewis – Bucs continue to add defense.
68. Chiefs: OG Jon Asamoah – Finally the Chiefs get some more offensive line. Hopefully Asamoah is ready to help.
69. Raiders: OT Jared Velheer – Nice pick. Raiders were desperate for a lineman.
70. Ravens: TE Ed Dickson – In pick to add depth behind the aging tight end Todd Heap.
71. Packers: S Morgan Burnett
72. Bills: DE Alex Carrington
73. Dolphins: OT John Jerry
74. Jaguars: DT D’Anthony Smith – Happy to see the Jaguars take a tackle to go with Henderson. They needed upgrades on the front line and they’ve done that in the draft.
75. Bears: S Major Wright – Hey the Bears join the party and take a safety!!
76. Giants: FS Chad Jones – The Giants added Antrel Rolle this offseason but they needed more depth in the secondary. Jones will help this defense but hopefully he doesn’t have to start all year due to injuries.
77. Titans: WR Damion Williams -Don’t understand this pick. They must be moving Gage after this season.
78. Panthers: WR Brandon LaFell – Nice move for the Panthers I like LaFell a lot and he will help Clausen and this offense.
79. Chargers: LB Donald Butler
80. Broncos: C J.D. Walton – The Broncos needed a center and Walton should help right away.
81. Texans: DT Earl Mitchell
82. Steelers: WR Emmanuel Sanders
83. Falcons: DT Corey Peters
84. Bengals: WR Jordan Shipley
85. Browns: Colt McCoy – Finally!!!! They even brought out McCoy’s old college coach to make the pick selection. This is the pick this team needs (probably should have selected him earlier) as they have no future qb.
86. Eagles: DE Daniel Te’o-Nesheim
87. Broncos: WR Eric Decker
88. Cardinals: WR Andre Roberts
89. Panthers: WR Armontie Edwards
90. Patriots: WR Taylor Price
91. 49ers: LB Navorro Bowman
92. Browns: OT Shawn Lauvao
93. Chiefs: TE Tony Moeaki
94. Colts: CB Kevin Thomas
95. Saints: TE Jimmy Graham
96. Bengals: CB Brandon Ghee
97. Titans: LB Rennie Curran
98. Falcons: OG Mike Johnson
NFL fantasy football player rankings writer Sean E. Douglas: fantasy-info.com