Week 4 NFL Power Rankings
The Cowboys and Vikings escaped complete disaster by finally picking up a win last week. Starting 0-3 is never a good thing and the San Fransisco 49ers have done just that and did so getting blown out against the Chiefs. All three of those teams were in my top ten for power rankings before week one began this season.
Of the three the Cowboys are the most likely to pull things together and win their division this season. The NFC East has its share of problems as the Giants are in shambles, and the Redskins just dropped a game to the Rams. One team that should contend in this division is the Eagles as Michael Vick is turning into a star once again.
Week Four Power Rankings
1. Steelers: Maybe this team isn’t the best in football right now but their defense is sure making me believe. Pittsburgh is playing championship defense once again and Ben Roethlisberger comes back next week. This is a scary team to face going forward as they are now looking primed for a seventh title in franchise history.
2. Colts: Indianapolis has its flaws but the last two weeks they’ve shown why they are still a force to be reckoned with. It doesn’t seem to matter who Peyton Manning has on the field as he will continue to move the football and put points on the board.
The Colts should make quick work of their next opponent in the Jaguars as they are in shambles and actually pickup Trent Edwards this week.
3. Packers: Yes this team suffered a loss on Monday night, but they almost won in spite of their 100 penalties on the road. The Bears do deserve respect and are on our top ten for staying undefeated but the Packers are still the best team in this division.
4. Texans: The Texans lost to the Cowboys, but they should get right back on track against the Raiders. Andre Johnson is suffering from an ankle sprain but Schaub still has capable weapons around him. Arian Foster should have another big game this and be a possible Pro Bowler by the end of the year.
5. Bears: Look for the Bears to continue making noise this season as they are now set up to be a playoff contender. With a three and zero start to the season, this team has beaten the Packers and Cowboys respectively. That is really good but I want to see the offensive line open some hole for the running game and Jay Cutler was lucky he didn’t throw three or four picks last week.
The Giants may be down, but they will be a hungry team this week in New York and the Bears will have a tough road game on their hands.
6. Saints: It’s time to be concerned about the Saints’ chances to repeat. If the 49ers wouldn’t of handed them a win in week two the Saints should have only one win so far. As it stands, they are two and one and still in great shape to at least win a Wild Card spot.
7. Chiefs: I will believe in the Chiefs more if they play the Colts tough coming off of their bye next week. This team has beaten of a couple bad teams of the past two weeks and will have a great chance to compete with the Chargers for the AFC West title. If they hope to continue their success, they will have to be the top team in rushing all year.
That is a strong possibility as the Chiefs had the easiest schedule on paper to run against before the season began. The 49ers were supposed to be a hard team on their schedule to run against, and they killed them on the ground.
8. Jets: Mark Sanchez is coming to life over the past two weeks as his favorite target, tight end Dustin Keller has played great football. Braylon Edwards has even gotten into the act with a touchdown in each of the last two games. Sanchez will get more help next week when Santonio Holmes comes back from suspension.
9. Falcons: I would have put the Eagles in this spot but the only wins they have are against the Lions and the Jaguars. At least the Falcons have beaten a winning team in the Saints, and that was a big game on the road. This team even took the Steelers to the distance in Pittsburgh but lost on a long touchdown run.
Expect them to crush the 49ers at home this weekend as they killed them last year in San Francisco.
- 10. Eagles
- 11. Titans
- 12. Patriots
- 13. Bengals
- 14. Ravens
- 15. Dolphins
- 16. Cowboys
- 17. Vikings
- 18. Seahawks
- 19. Chargers
- 20. Buccaneers
- 21. Redskins
- 22. Cardinals
- 23. Giants
- 24. Broncos
- 25. Raiders
- 26. Rams
- 27. Lions
- 28. Jaguars
- 29. Panthers
- 30. 49ers (and I’m a 49ers fan)
- 31. Bills
- 32. Browns
NFL fantasy football player rankings writer Sean E. Douglas: fantasy-info.com