Mock Draft Results – 11th Round
101. Robert Meachem (ADP 94.89) - With Marques Colston likely to be a shell of his former self this season, Robert Meachem should have his best chance to finally breakout and be a regular starter. We saw Meachem post a strong second half of the 2009 season, but a foot injury in derailed any hopes of building on that success last year.
Lance Moore should be the top possession receiver on this team, but Meachem is the talent whom we hope can finally step up and be what the Saints expected when they took him as a first-round pick.
102. Michael Bush (ADP 87.28) - Let’s face it, Darren McFadden is likely to get hurt at some point this season and Michael Bush will be an option worth starting, when it happens. If you’re willing to hold onto Bush, until that time comes, he can help you for a stretch.
103. Jerome Simpson (ADP 88.81) – Not a fan of Jerome Simpson and I don’t care that he flashed some success towards the end of last year. This is going to be a bad passing offense until someone at quarterback can actually figure some things out. Look to other options and stay away from Simpson.
104. Ronnie Brown (ADP 92.46) – While LeSean McCoy is a worthy top five option at running back, he is prone to the occasional ding ups and that could lead to Ronnie Brown getting a start or two this season. Other than that, don’t look to Brown as a viable option to split time with McCoy.
105. Steelers Defense (ADP 121.18) – While the Steelers failed to do much in free agency to improve the defense (re-signed Ike Taylor) they are still set to be one of the better options to own for fantasy leagues. It never hurts to have the Bengals and Browns on your schedule for four games out of the year, and Pittsburgh should give you respectable points at this position.
106. Jacoby Ford (ADP 93.57) – Despite injuring his hand early in camp, the Raiders still view Jacoby Ford as one of the teams starting receivers. Why not, as Ford proved he could be a difference maker in this offense last year, to go with this terrific play in special teams. Ford is an interesting player, as Jason Campbell will need someone to target now that Zach Miller is gone.
107. Packers Defense (ADP 120.11) – One of the top three defenses to target for fantasy football leagues, the Packers still have a great group of players despite losing Colin Jenkins (to Eagles) and linebacker Nick Barnett (to Bills) this off-season. Look for Dom Capers boys to remain aggressive as they look to attack the quarterback and make plays in the secondary.
108. A.J. Green (ADP 97.40) – I like A.J. Green as a receiver but can’t stand the situation he’s in at this time. Sure, Green should find plenty of playing time, but it’s going to be a year or so before he’s ready to make a run as an option to think about in your starting lineup.
109. LaDainian Tomlinson (ADP 93.70) – Many are running to Shonn Greene once again as LaDainian Tomlinson took a pay cut to stay with the team. Tomlinson should still have a role in this offense, and I believe he will be a thorn in Greene’s side once again.
110. Danario Alexander (ADP 191.08) – While Danario Alexander has the physical tools to be something in this league, a lingering knee issue will likely keep him off the field at times, and could be the downfall of his career.