Mock Draft Results – 14th Round
131. Giants Defense (ADP 142.10) - I’m not a big fan of the Giants secondary, but they can make some plays. This is a great defense in terms of their ability to apply pressure on the quarterback, so look to the Giants as a great option when the matchups dictate, they can have success. Still, you don’t want to have them as a weekly option, because they can’t spot good passing offenses that can handle the pass rush, enough to burn the defense.
132. Lance Moore (ADP 185.55) - This is a receiver who should be flying up the boards as Marques Colston will be a shell of his former self, as his knee has failed to rebound well from microfracture surgery. Colston has had five knee surgeries in his first five years in the league, and Moore is having a great camp. I’m going to move Moore up to around our top 30 receivers when our re-ranks come out in a week.
133. Sebastian Janikowski (ADP 148.69) – While Sebasitan Janikowski probably has the strongest leg in the league, I’m not sure the Raiders will build on the success they had last year. This will hurt Janikowski, and he will fall out of my top five kickers in our re-ranks next week.
134. Ryan Williams (ADP 183.07) – Many have pumped Ryan Williams up as the running back to get in Arizona, but I still believe in Beanie Wells. Williams was the number three running back on Arizona’s depth chart in the first preseason game, look for Wells to get every opportunity to be the starter this year.
135. Ravens Defense (ADP 145.70) – The Ravens were a couple of pieces away from returning to being one of the top five defenses for fantasy, but they failed to get it done. This team still needs another pass rusher and a viable No.1 corner back to go with youngster Jimmy Smith.
136. Sam Bradford (ADP 130.19) - I love Sam Bradford’s long-term value, and he should be a good bet for around 4,000 yards passing this year. My problem with Bradford for this season is that I believe his touchdown numbers will be around 23 on the year. Look for Bradford to move into the top ten fantasy quarterbacks as soon as next year.
137. Saints Defense (ADP 153.06) - This is an undervalued defense at this point in the game. The Saints have done a great job of keeping their secondary intact, and they added run stuffer Abreyo Franklin of the 49ers into the mix at nose tackle. This is going to be a top five defense for fantasy, as New Orleans loves to make aggressive plays, but they also have the talent to shut you down in the pass and run.
138. Nate Kaeding (ADP 152.77) - If you caught the start of the Chargers first preseason game, you should know that this offense is ready to roll out of the gate. Look to Nate Kaeding as the top kicker to add on your fantasy squad this season.
139. Vikings Defense (ADP 157.16) - Don’t look to the Vikings defense as a start-worthy option this summer. Their defensive tackles are going to be suspended for the first month of the season, and this group fell off from being a top ten group last year.
140. Kevin Kolb (ADP 171.87) - For all the hype and love that some have given Kevin Kolb in recent years, he’s nothing more than a backup to add on your team this summer. While Larry Fitzgerald and the running game stand to benefit from the addition of Kolb, I’m not putting this guy on any of my teams.