Week 4 TE Rankings
Photo By: Brace Hemmelgarn / US PRESSWIRE
Only 18 targets on the season but Kyle Rudolph is starting to emerge as one of the trusted options from the Vikings in fantasy leagues. Rudolph posted five receptions against the 49ers, two of them going for touchdowns. On the season Rudolph has three scores and has been an active part of Minnesota’s game plan.
The Vikings will head out to Detroit for a big division matchup against the struggling Lions. Over the past two weeks, the Lions have coughed up three touchdowns to opposing tight ends, making Rudolph a nice option for fantasy lineups this week.
Expect a high-scoring affair in this one, as the Lions will be desperate not to fall to a one and three record to start the season.
What Did We Learn From Week Three?
- One of the all-time greats, Tony Gonzalez is going to be a start worthy tight end until the day he retires.
- One of my favorite tight ends from the 2010 class, Dennis Pitta appears ready to perform as a fantasy relevant option. Joe Flacco is looking his way often, and Pitta is starting to carve a niche out as a red-zone target with two touchdowns on the young season.
- I’m ready to bail on any hopes of Kellen Davis becoming a TE1 option with the Bears continued struggles up front.
Sean’s Week Four Watch List
- It’s time for Antonio Gates to step up and start playing up the level we expect. The Chargers lost, and when that happens a coaching staff looks to his key players and ask, “why aren’t we getting so and so the football more?”
Playing in an all-important division game, look for Gates to be targeted often. If not, it’s time to be a little concerned about his usage in the offense, and perhaps we would need to bench him until he starts performing.
- Coming off a knee injury in the preseason, Jermaine Gresham has had a slow start to the season but he caught five passes last week and found the end zone. Let’s see if Gresham can keep it going against the Jaguars, or will he lose out on valuable targets to the Bengals emerging young receiving corps.
Follow us on Twitter: @FanInfo
|1||Jimmy Graham||@ Packers|
|2||Rob Gronkowski||@ Bills|
|3||Vernon Davis||@ Jets|
|6||Kyle Rudolph||@ Lions|
|7||Antonio Gates||@ Chiefs|
|11||Martellus Bennett||@ Eagles|
|15||Fred Davis||@ Bucs|
|16||Jermaine Gresham||@ Jaguars|
|17||Jared Cook||@ Texans|
|18||Greg Olsen||@ Falcons|
Weekly Fantasy Help