Week 6 Team Defense Rankings
Photo By: Charles LeClaire / US PRESSWIRE
The Steelers lost Troy Polamalu to another injury against the Eagles, but they should make quick work of the Titans on Thursday night. Around this time last year Pittsburgh was struggling and a beat-up Ben Roethlisberger led them to a big victory against a Tennessee defense that appeared to be on the rise.
The Titans should get something going as the season moves along but for now they are likely the worst team and offense in football.
What Did We Learn From Week Five?
– It appears the 49ers struggles in Minnesota were just one fluky game, as they’ve made both the Jets and Bills look embarrassingly bad in recent weeks. Perhaps the most impressive stat I’ve seen isn’t the 3 total points they’ve given up in the past two weeks, but that they only gave up 126 passing yards to Ryan Fitzpatrick in a 45 to 3 blowout.
This is a group that will come after you all game, no matter the score.
– The Bengals weren’t horrible on defense but they need the offense to run up the score in order to play the kind of opportunistic football we need from them to be a fantasy relevant option. It could happen this week against the Browns, but don’t hold your breath as Joe Haden returns to the Browns defense.
– The Rams are playing some good football through five weeks and their winning record is proof. Expect Robert Quinn and Chris Long to give Ryan Tannehill problems but in the end they are a fringe starting option this week.
Sean’s Week Six Watch List
– It’s been a pathetic couple of weeks for the Bills defense but then again, they were playing two of the better teams in football. This week they play a Cardinals offense that has given up 16 sacks in the past two weeks. Expect the Bills defense to get back on track.
– After watching the Cowboys offense since their win against the Giants, it’s hard not to recommend the Ravens as one of the elite options at defense this week. Then again, we’ve seen Tony Romo put good games together, when many counted him out so this could be a trap game for the Ravens.
Even if that happens we should like the Ravens odds of sacking Romo at least three or four times and likely picking him off once or twice.
– If Robert Griffin fails to play for the Redskins, the Vikings defense becomes a great start in fantasy leagues. Let’s see if they can keep their winning ways going as Adrian Peterson returns to the field where he busted his knee last year.
Follow us on Twitter: @FanInfo
Weekly Fantasy Help