Week 6 IDP – LB Rankings
Photo By: Dale Zanine / US PRESSWIRE
It was hard to like Rey Maualuga after such a horrible let down in his first season at middle linebacker a year ago. Maualuga played in the middle in college, and it only made sense he would at least give us respectable LB3 numbers for a cheep price but he struggled, perhaps because of poor conditioning and little time to work in the off-season with this coaching staff, because of the lockout.
Whatever the reason(s) Maualuga is putting together the kind of numbers we expected last year and it appears he has a firm grasp on a three down role.
What Did We Learn From Week Five?
- Bobby Wagner is clearly gaining the trust of Head Coach Pete Carroll and his upgrade to a three down role is proof. Wagner plays the run well and based on his one and a half sacks last week, we know he can make an impact behind the line of scrimmage.
Wagner projects to have a three down role as he shouldn’t be considered a liability in pass protection in the long run. This week will be a big test for the rookie against Tom Brady and the Patriots. If he does well, consider him a three down backer for the rest of the season and a possible LB2 play going forward.
- David Harris has had some ups and downs since his early career success. Situation makes a big difference for Harris this season as the offense is having a hard time staying on the field. Harris should be a respectable start weekly in as the Jets will struggle most weeks.
Sean’s Week Six Watch List
- Stephen Nicholas suffered an ankle injury last week, so I’ve tailed him back to a low-end LB3 play. Nicholas has done a terrific job opposite Sean Weatherspoon and when healthy we should continue to have him in the lineup. Let’s keep an eye on his snap count this week, and if he’s catching would be ball carriers or striking them.
- Lavonte David impressed in his last game against the Redskins. Let’s see how he does against a mostly run heavy offense as the Chiefs come to town.
- Playing on a short week Colin McCarthy will have a hard time suiting up against the Steelers, and even if he plays it will be interesting to see if he can go for a full compliment of snaps.
Follow us on Twitter: @FanInfo
|3||Sean Lee||@ Ravens|
|5||Chad Greenway||@ Redskins|
|7||Jerod Mayo||@ Seahawks|
|10||D.J. Smith||@ Texans|
|13||David Harris||@ Colts|
|17||Philip Wheeler||@ Falcons|
|18||DeMarcus Ware||@ Ravens|
|19||Rey Maualuga||@ Browns|
|20||Michael Boley||@ 49ers|
|21||Von Miller||@ Chargers|
|22||Derrick Johnson (I)||@ Bucs|
|23||Nick Barnett (I)||@ Cardinals|
|24||Stephen Tulloch (I)||@ Eagles|
|25||Larry Foote||@ Titans|
|28||Jerrell Freeman||@ Jets|
|29||Colin McCarthy (I)||Steelers|
|32||D’Qwell Jackson (I)||Bengals|
|33||Stephen Nicholas (I)||Raiders|
|34||DeAndre Levy||@ Eagles|
|36||Wesley Woodyard||@ Chargers|
Weekly Fantasy Help