Week 7 IDP – DB Rankings
Photo By: The Star Ledger / US PRESSWIRE
As was the case for Kam Chacellor last week, a matchup against the Patriots is a good thing for safeties as New England runs up to 90 plays a game. Weather the Patriots go with the pass or run we should see both Yeremiah Bell and LaRon Landry give us at least DB2 performances and we shouldn’t be surprised if both have DB1 numbers, this week.
I like Landry as the better upside play because of the load he can bring when he delivers a hit. Get both safeties in the lineup this week.
What Did We Learn From Week Six?
– Antrel Rolle admitted he was still working back from his knee injury against the Panthers last week, but it wasn’t a problem against the 49ers. Landing two interceptions, Rolle clearly didn’t have a problem closing on the football as he baited Alex Smith both times. Knee should be just fine, get him in the lineup.
– T.J. Ward continues to struggle since his hand injury. After a good start to the season, we shouldn’t give up on him in deeper leagues, but for now he’s not worth having in the lineup until he proves he can get it done. Buster Skrine continues to be an option for a replacement in the Browns secondary.
– Ryan Clark will continue to be an option for IDP leagues with so many problems in the Steelers defense. While he will never have the upside of Troy Polamalu for big plays, he is a steady tackler.
Sean’s Week Seven Watch List
– Madieu Williams has really emerged as the top defensive back in Washington. This was a topic of interest coming into the season as the Redskins has a mix of veteran and some young safeties and it wasn’t really clear what would happen. Let’s see if Williams can keep it going against the Giants this week.
– Janoris Jenkins will see plenty of action as the Rams take on Aaron Rodgers and the Packers. Consider Jenkins a terrific CB2 play and a respectable DB3 this week. Just keep an eye on his back injury as he missed practice this week.
Follow us on Twitter: @FanInfo
|1||Bernard Pollard||@ Texans|
|3||Kam Chancellor||@ 49ers|
|4||LaRon Landry||@ Patriots|
|5||Roman Harper||@ Bucs|
|7||Morgan Burnett||@ Rams|
|8||Jason McCourty||@ Bills|
|9||Charles Woodson||@ Rams|
|10||Madieu Williams||@ Giants|
|14||Jordan Babineaux||@ Bills|
|15||Yeremiah Bell||@ Patriots|
|16||Ryan Clark||@ Bengals|
|20||Earl Thomas||@ 49ers|
|22||DeAngelo Hall||@ Giants|
|23||Alterraun Verner||@ Bills|
|25||Buster Skrine||@ Colts|
|27||Tramon Williams||@ Rams|
|29||Dawan Landry||@ Raiders|
Weekly Fantasy Help