Week 8 WR Rankings
Photo By: Kim Klement / US PRESSWIRE
The Buccaneers are looking more like the mad bombers this year than a conservative, run heavy team many thought they would be. Sure, it’s no surprise Josh Freeman would take shots down the field, but his success with Mike Williams and Vincent Jackson has been ridiculous through six games.
On the season Jackson has 27 receptions for over 500 yards and five touchdowns, with a 21.7 yard per catch average. Who would’ve thought Jackson would be a better fantasy option with Freeman throwing him the football over Philip Rivers?
We do need to keep an eye on Jackson’s health (calf injury) heading into a short week as the Buccaneers play the Vikings on Thursday. If he’s in the lineup, get him in yours but that should go without saying at this point.
What Did We Learn From Week 7?
- Victor Cruz continues to make big plays when the Giants need it most during home games. For those of you thinking Cruz was destined for a bust season after his breakout year, think again as he now has 50 receptions, 627 yards and seven touchdowns through seven games.
Cruz is making plays on the outside and still getting work in the slot. He’s had big performances with or without Hakeem Nicks in the lineup, but I will admit his two long touchdowns have come when Nicks is playing.
- Andre Roberts didn’t get much done against the Bills and perhaps many fantasy owners gave up on him a little too fast. Roberts bounced back against the Vikings going for over 100 yards and a touchdown.
While most of his work came in garbage time, he should be a bye week fill in going forward, and a decent option when the Cardinals fall behind like they’ve done against the Vikings and Dolphins, two of Roberts better performances.
- Josh Gordon continues to show us why he’s a worthy start as he scored a touchdown for the third week straight. It was nice to see his counterpart Greg Little get into the act with six catches for 51 yards and a score.
While Little has had his struggles catching the football I still believe the Browns have their two future starters at receiver in the lineup at this time. Gordon will serve as the big play No.1 option and Little should be a good possession receiver.
Both have the skill sets to excel in those roles so consider the future in Cleveland to be a bright one.
Sean’s Week 8 Watch List
- Dez Bryant came into the Cowboys week seven contest revealing he had a going problem he’s been dealing with all season. In the game Bryant didn’t do much and at one point he was checked for a concussion after a hard hit to the back of the head on a punt return.
Miles Austin on the other hand finally showed up in the stat box like we expect. If both can get things going perhaps the Cowboys will get back in the Wild Card mix. Another victory over the Giants this week would be a great start in that direction.
- Can the Randall Cobb show continue as the Packers take on the Jaguars? Why not, and with two touchdowns last week, Cobb is starting to look like a better play in standard leagues. Still a better PPR receiver, Cobb will likely be up and down in terms of touchdowns but should continue to be active in the passing game, weekly.
Follow us on Twitter: @FanInfo
Last Updated: Oct. 26th
|1||Victor Cruz||@ Cowboys|
|5||Roddy White||@ Eagles|
|7||Wes Welker||@ Rams|
|8||Reggie Wayne||@ Titans|
|9||Julio Jones||@ Eagles|
|10||Marques Colston||@ Broncos|
|16||Jordy Nelson (I)||Jaguars|
|17||Denarius Moore||@ Chiefs|
|20||Hakeem Nicks||@ Cowboys|
|26||Steve Smith||@ Bears|
|30||Brandon Lloyd||@ Rams|
|31||Michael Crabtree||@ Cardinals|
|32||Malcom Floyd||@ Browns|
|33||Sidney Rice||@ Lions|
|34||Santana Moss||@ Steelers|
|35||Devery Henderson||@ Broncos|
|38||Brian Hartline||@ Jets|
|40||Darrius Heyward-Bey||@ Chiefs|
Weekly Fantasy Help