Week 11 Team Defense Rankings
By Photo: Dale Zanine / US PRESSWIRE
A big win on the road last week, it was the Cowboys special teams and defense that put the game away scoring the teams final 21 points. An opportunity to keep their playoff hopes alive, expect Dallas to come out with another solid defensive performance at home against the Browns.
The play of inside linebacker Bruce Carter is making an impact of late as he posted ten solo tackles in Philadelphia. Carter has the talent to be an impact linebacker and with Sean Lee out it will be crucially important that he continues to develop. As for fantasy owners we should feel good about the way corners Brandon Carr and Morris Claiborne are playing of late.
If Dallas can slow Trent Richardson down, force the game into Brandon Weeden’s hand and this team should expose a talented, but young offense on the road.
What Did We Learn From Week 10?
– Eli Manning and the Giants continued to struggle making the Bengals defense look like one of the better units in the league. This groups should have not problems holding the Chiefs passing game down after Manning only compiled 215 yards, no touchdowns and two interceptions last week.
– It was one thing to see teams like the Giants and Seahawks run the football well against the San Francisco, but I was shocked at what I saw from the Rams on Sunday. For a team that has struggled to run the football all year, they were blowing up the 49ers front line at the point of attack as Steven Jackson rumbled his way to his first 100-yard day of the year.
We should be concerned about the 49ers run defense going forward so expect Matt Forte and Michael Bush to have success on the ground this week.
Sean’s Week 11 Watch List
– The Rams put up a good fight against the 49ers last week in what turned out to be a tie game. Playing a Jets team that failed to score an offensive point last week in Seattle, we should like St. Louis as a waiver wire pickup.
– Miami looked dysfunctional on offense against a shaky Titans defense. On a short week, the Dolphins will travel to Buffalo and if the running game struggles, Ryan Tannehill will likely be exposed for a second week in a row. Look for Miami to get at least 13 points, but the Bills should have opportunities for big plays and sacks as they are a better team when playing in Buffalo.
– The Broncos defense has played well of late and should have another solid performance against the Chargers at home. Don’t expect Denver to keep the Chargers under 20 points but they will benefit from turnover machine Philip Rivers.
Follow us on Twitter: @FanInfo