12th Round: 2013 Mock Draft Fantasy Football Results – 10-Team
Running behind Pierre Thomas in OTAs it’s looking like Mark Ingram is going to be a bust first-round pick. Ingram has struggled with nagging injuries and averaged just 3.9 yards a carry over his first two seasons.
Not sure what the Saints still owe Ingram in guaranteed money, but I have to wonder if they decided to keep him over Chris Ivory more because of financial reasons.
We will probably never know for sure, but unless Ingram kicks it into gear soon, Pierre Thomas is the running back to target after Darren Sproles in the Saints offense.
111. Ben Tate, HOU – Tate makes sense around this point on draft day. A backup on your team, and a terrific hand-cuff option for those of you that select Arian Foster in the first round.
112. Andy Dalton, CIN - With Giovani Bernard and Tyler Eifert picked up in the draft, I have to think the Bengals are ready to take the passing game up a notch.
We should also take note that receivers Mohamed Sanu and Marvin Jones are in their second year, and a year of experience for both will only help Dalton’s odds to remain a quality backup option in fantasy league.
113. Bears Defense, CHI - An aging group, but the Bears should have another productive year and are worth selecting as a starting defense.
114. Vincent Brown, SD – A terrific sleeper, we just need to see Brown win a starting job to pay off as an instant WR3 option to begin the season. Already the Chargers top route runner, Brown was sorely missed in this offense, as he was ready to emerge as a breakout receiver in 2012.
115. Buccaneers Defense, TB – A trendy sleeper defense after the team signed Darrelle Revis and Dashon Goldson, I have my doubts about them after releasing corner Eric Wright. I like rookie Johnthan Banks but he’s a rookie and opposing teams will target him as well as the unproven depth at the position behind him.
116. Johnathan Franklin, GB - I like Franklin over Eddie Lacy in the long run but for now consider Lacy the favorite to start week one. That said, I don’t believe Lacy will holdup for an entire season, so if Franklin wins the back job, he has a chance to make an impact this season.
117. Mark Ingram, NO - Not a fan of Ingram and I don’t recommend you stick him on your roster unless he beats Pierre Thomas as the starter. New Orleans will have an RBBC situation in the backfield again and Ingram has failed to impress throw his first two seasons.
118. Bengals Defense, CIN - With perhaps the best front line in football, Cincinnati is worth drafting and they could emerge as a top five fantasy defense. We just need to see the secondary come together but that could take another year as they are going with some young players like rookie safety Shawn Williams.
119. Michael Vick, PHI - Wouldn’t be surprised to see Vick begin the season as the Eagles starter but it won’t last. Don’t take Vick this high and I pass on him altogether in 10-team leagues, especially with Jeremy Maclin now done for the season.
120. Emmanuel Sanders, PIT - Sanders will start to begin the season, but he’s nothing more than a backup in fantasy leagues.
2013 Fantasy Football Draft Prep